Matthew is based in Essex UK, married to Justina, and Dad to Ryan and Amelia….
Currently working concurrently as:
- Business Development Director at Chelmsford based Creative Learning Systems Ltd, a commercial venture working to make learning more engaging through the use of new and emerging technologies.
Core services include:
- elearning off the shelf and custom systems for business, education, healthcare, sport and government
- elearning course design (from scratch, redesign and conversion)
- adaptation from classroom to online delivery
- Technical Director at Kaptore, an innovative company building innovative new cutting edge software.
- Managing Director of Know Escape Ltd, a growing Escape Room business with an excellent reputation with national expansion plans.
- Off Air Director of Chelmsford Community Radio C.I.C, the community Radio Station for Chelmsford, birthplace of Radio.
- Caretaker of Coffee at the Mill, a community coffee shop that donates all profit to Chelmsford Community Radio to run good cause projects.
- Director of Rolling Stage Hire Ltd, a commercial stage hire company with innovative solutions for live events.
Previously involved in:
- Creative Director of Cleveratom Ltd, a company supplying innovative software solutions into business, education, sport, healthcare and government.
- Operations Director of Hope Footwear Ltd, a startup high street retailer managed by wife, Justina.
- New Media Researcher at Ultralab, a learning, technology and research centre based in UK and New Zealand until closure in 2006.
Matthew has worked on learning, research, implementaion and turnaround projects all over the globe for schools, colleges and universities, and organisations that include:
- Channel 4
- British Council
- British Youth Council
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust
- Department for Education
- Creative Partnerships
- London Business School
- London School of Economics
- BBC (BBC Learning, BBC Wales, BBC Northern Ireland, and Children’s BBC).
- Diagnosed with dyslexia aged nine, struggled with traditional teaching and learning.
- Performed well in GCSE’s (except Maths and English!) by selecting where possible subjects that allowed independent flexible learning, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Spent evenings and weekends during College/University years juggling between running the Checkout department for a Tesco store and delivering activity programmes as volunteer at a youth organisation.
- Graduated in 2000 with a First Class BSc. (Hons) degree in Business Information Systems.
- First proper job (Ultralab) came from a conversation during a shower of rain.
- Working with companies and organisations all over the world to identify solutions and savings through the implementation of new and emerging technologies and software solutions.