I work hard to set up businesses and learn how to improve them so they don’t take over life.
I also like to help other businesses and organisations understand how to run more efficiently, better marketing, target quality customers, increase profit, and grow. If you are a business owner, I can help you.
Based in the South West. Married to Justina, Dad to Ryan (11) and Amelia (9). Family come first!
- Business establishment, compliance and growth
- Increasing sales and turnover
- Financial management and fundraising for small businesses and million-pound-plus turnover companies
- Offshore development teams, planning, communication and management
- Bid writing and winning grant money (over £500k in grants won for various charities, community groups and third sector)
- Creative writing (I love to write enjoyable Escape Room Games)
Managing Director of Know Escape Ltd – An Escape Room company with corporate locations across the UK; find out more.
Managing Director of Know Escape Franchise Ltd – This is an Escape Room franchising company with franchises all over the UK and global expansion plans; find out more.
Executive Director of Creative Learning Systems Ltd – Premium eLearning business specialising in learning systems, courses and solutions for business, education, healthcare, government and sport; find out more.
Trustee of InterAct, a charity for young people – InterAct is a charity set up in the 1990s to support people with learning difficulties and disabilities to participate in their communities actively and lead fulfilling lives; go to the Interact Website.
Founding Director of Chelmsford Community Radio C.I.C – the community radio station for Chelmsford, founded in 2013, on FM 104.4 since 2017, run on the values of inclusion and kindness; I’ve raised circa £120k in grants, bids and campaigns for CCR. Go to my page about Chelmsford Community Radio.
Previously involved in:
- New Media Researcher at Ultralab, The Learning Technology Research centre at Anglia Ruskin University set up by Professor Stephen Heppell; find out more.
- Executive Director at Hope Footwear, a high street shoe retailer set up by Justina after Faith Footwear went into administration; find out more.
- Creative Director at Cleveratom, a learning, technology and creativity company set up to make learning more fun using new and emerging technologies; find out more.
- Advisor to Coffee at the Mill, a community coffee shop, ultimately went out of business due to the Government’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic; find out more.
- Director at Rolling Stage Hire, a stage rental and event business; find out more.
Worked globally on projects for:
- BBC (Children’s, Learning, Wales, Northern Ireland)
- Channel 4
- British Council
- British Youth Council
- UK Government
- and many more