Matthew Eaves is a Director of Creative Learning Systems Ltd, a commercial venture working to make learning more engaging through the use of new and emerging technology.
CLS specialises in Online Learning, Software Development and has released its own Learning Platform which was designed by the learners who use it.
Matthew and Creative Learning Systems deliver a range of learning, technology, creativity and research projects worldwide for charities, corporations, governments, broadcasters, museums and education institutions to research and enrich learning.
A bit about Matthew….
- Diagnosed with dyslexia aged nine, struggled with traditional teaching and learning.
- Performed well in GCSE’s (except Maths and English!) by selecting where possible subjects that allowed independent flexible learning, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Spent evenings and weekends during College/University years juggling between team leading for a major retailer and running programmes and activities for a youth organisation.
- Graduated in 2000 with a First Class BSc. (Hons) degree in Business Information Systems.
- University ‘Final Dissertation’ project software launched by an organisation, and is still in use nationally (13 years later!)
- Hired by Professor Stephen Heppell to work on creativity in learning through technology projects at Ultralab (closed December 2006).
- Spent seven years working for the lab all over the globe with broadcasters, governments, companies, charities and education institutions.
- Director at Cleveratom Ltd 2007 – 2010.
- Now Director at Creative Learning Systems Ltd.
Matthew is also…
- Married to Justina, Dad to Ryan.
- eLearning Expert – knows how to implement meaningful elearning and avoid common mistakes.
- Learning Management System Expert – part of the team behind CreativeLMS, the world class LMS system.
- An expert in Google Juice and Search Engine Optimisation (to the extend that a blog post he wrote became so popular it became a published book).
- Interested in special needs education, ASD and Autism.
- Keeping track of research here.
- Involved in new business development, tender writing and building the CLS brand.
- Trying to get fitter.